Whether you’re about to age-in to Medicare or are wondering if you’re getting the best Medicare coverage or price available to you, there are a few important factors to consider. To help you get organized for Medicare plan selection or reviewing your coverage, we have put together a simple checklist. Here’s what the checklist will cover:
Types of Medicare Coverage
There are different types of coverage available, with even more ways to mix and match, but everyone has different priorities. While Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B) might be a good fit for some, it only covers about 80% of medical expenses, leaving you responsible for the extra 20%. Understanding the different types of plans and additional coverage available can help you better understand what might be the right fit for you.
Knowing your current monthly premium, annual deductible and type of plan prior to comparing Medicare coverage options will give you a better idea of what kind of budget you’re working with.
One of the most important considerations when choosing a Medicare plan is whether or not you will be able to see your preferred doctor(s). Having a list of your preferred physicians will make it easier to confirm whether or not your doctor accepts a certain Medicare plan.
Original Medicare doesn’t typically cover all Medicare Prescription Drug plan costs, therefore having a list of all your prescriptions will make it easier to find a prescription drug plan that gives you adequate coverage at a price that’s in your budget.
Consider Your Priorities
Once you’ve completed your checklist, it’s time to compare your options and find a Medicare plan that’s right for you. Choosing the right Medicare plan can be difficult, but we can be there every step of the way to make sure you’re getting all the coverage and benefits you deserve. The service is free and there’s no obligation to enroll.